UK Animal Sculpture Workshop Programme 2021
COVID UPDATE – NOW ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FROM UK RESIDENTS ONLY
Due to restrictions on international travel and the risk of further disruption due to Covid, we are accepting bookings for 2021 from UK residents only.
We’re pleased to announce the following 3-day animal sculpture workshops based near Nick’s studio in the Bratton Clovelly School Room in West Devon, overlooking the Dartmoor National Park. They include the opportunity to visit Nick’s studio, which is just a few minutes’ walk away, to view her work and arrange firing and finishing of your own animal sculptures. Nick will talk about her animal sculpture and influences, demonstrate building and modelling techniques and provide a mix of group and individual tuition, as you work on your own animal sculpture.
UK Workshops 2021
All workshops now fully booked
Sign up to our newsletter and get pre-notification of new workshop dates
- 15-17 September 2021
- 13-15 October 2021
- 24-26 November 2021
What to Expect
- Nick will introduce her work, talk about her influences and experience, and show examples of her unique animal sculptures.
- Nick will demonstrate her building and modelling techniques, explain the processes and how to apply them to your work.
- You’ll learn to apply these techniques and develop your skills as you bring your own animal sculpture to life under Nick’s expert guidance.
- Group and one-to-one tuition, sculpture demonstrations, a delicious home-made lunch and refreshments at the workshop venue are all included.
- Travel and accommodation are not included. You will need to make your own travel and accommodation arrangements. Please see our Travel and Accommodation Guide for information.
- Nick will offer workshop students the opportunity to have their work finished and fired in her kiln and shipped to their home address. There is an additional charge for this service. Further information will be provided during the workshop.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- All bookings for Nick Mackman animal sculpture workshops are subject to the following terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing. By submitting the booking request form you agree to accept all the conditions below.
- 1. We operate a Fair Use Policy. Our workshops are designed for students and amateurs. We reserve the right to decline any application where a potential conflict of interest may arise, for example, because the applicant is a commercial sculptor and a direct or potential competitor. In such cases, any workshop fee that has already been paid will be refunded in full.
- 2. Payment is required in full in advance unless otherwise agreed in writing. We will contact you after you submit a booking enquiry to confirm availability and provide payment details. Your booking will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- 3. If you need to cancel a workshop booking, we will refund your fee in full provided you notify us in writing of your cancellation no less than 8 weeks before the start of the workshop. We will refund 50% of your fee if you notify us in writing of your cancellation 4-8 weeks before the start of the workshop. We will refund 25% of your fee if you notify us in writing of your cancellation less than 4 weeks before the start of the workshop. We will accept written notification of your intention to cancel by email.
- 4. Although we will only do so when absolutely necessary, we reserve the right to cancel or alter any workshop at any time. If this becomes necessary, all fees will be refunded in full on request, or you will be offered a guaranteed place on a future workshop of your choice within the next 3 years at the same price.
- 5. In the event of cancellation, we will not in any circumstances refund any travel, accommodation or other expenses you may have incurred or provide any further compensation of any kind. Workshop participants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements, including travel insurance covering but not limited to the cancellation of the workshop, personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for students travelling from overseas).
- 6. You must notify us at the time of booking of any dietary or other special needs. Although every effort will be made to accommodate your needs, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
Workshop Booking Enquiry